The Perfect Handbag Vapour Nubuck
Think about this: Two short, over-the-shoulder straps that hold together with a snap enclosure; an adjustable long strap and the ability to create a crossbody bag and go hands-free; a large top zipper and multiple inner, divided compartments to keep all your belongings (including your laptop) neatly in place; a structured bottom with four gold studs to hold your bag upright; expandable zippers on either side; and lastly--those thoughtful finishing touches that we believe define Poppy Barley: It's lined with a customized, hand-painted print of light blue poppies and finished with our signature gold crest hardware on the exterior.
Leather:Full grain, premium nubuck with an extra-soft and warm finish.
- Genuine cowhide leather outer
- Exclusive lining in a hand-painted design of turquoise poppies
- 11 in. leather shoulder straps with clasp
- Adjustable and removable leather cross-body strap
- Side-zippers to expand capacity
- Large inside centre compartment with zipper
- Four multifunctional inside compartments
- Attached inner change purse; back, quick-access pocket
- Gold hardware including feet and structured base to keep bag standing
- Fits a 13 in. or 15 in. laptop
- Dimensions: 16 In. (W) x 12 In. (H) x 5 In. (D)
Number of employees: 55
Year established: 1989
About the Owner: Husband-and-wife-team José and Maria moved from Spain to Mexico in 1989 to create a better life for their family. Making handbags in their kitchen, they invested $2000 USD to buy a leather-cutting table, a used sewing machine and a trip to L.A. to purchase sheepskin imported from Europe.
About the Factory: The vision was (and continues to be) to make the highest quality products. Today, this factory is recognized as the top handbag producer in Mexico. Together, we began to develop Poppy Barley's first line of accessories, starting with The Perfect Handbag, which launched in December 2015.